Thursday, November 16, 2017

Ellis Health Update - 171116

It is Tuesday, 14 November and I am beginning to think I was too sanguine about the speed of recovery from surgery. I basically stopped taking my pain medications on a regular basis about three weeks ago and for several days I did just fine. However, I am now having trouble sleeping at night. Although I have no significant pain while sitting still, my right rib cage is very tender and it is quite painful when I turn the wrong way in bed, I cannot find a comfortable sleeping position and have slept little for the last several nights. I haven't been for a walk since last Saturday and don't feel up to doing one today.


It is now Thursday 16 November and I am feeling better. I restarted taking Gabapentin for nerve pain and, for the last two nights, Rosemary has rubbed my back and chest with Aspercreme at bedtime. I am also taking a Tylenol before going to bed. I saw Doctor Howland today and she said that I am still recovering nicely. I don't know whether it was because of the changes in medication or the encouraging words from the doctor, but I am now feeling much better; I even went for a one-mile walk this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking it could be that nightly massage. I'm jealous. Keep on keeping on, Pops.

    ReplyDelete